Meet Lynda Spann
When my dad was in his thirties, he lost the top knuckle of his middle finger. I would always ask him to make his handprint in the sand on the beach where I grew up. With his middle finger so short, the handprint looked so unique, so unusual.
I think that’s where my fascination with all things “different” came from.
I’m not much of a vanilla person. I make bay laurel ice cream and exotic ravioli. I love to get my hands dirty.
I take that same approach to therapy. The way I work with couples is different.
Even though I have a Ph.D., I’m not an “mmm hmmm, how does that feel?” therapist. And I’m not for everybody.
I give you and your partner feedback and direction so you don’t have to guess.
Throughout my 20+ years of doing couples counseling, I’ve been known to throw an eff-bomb from time to time.
And there’s an immediacy to the way I work. I get you and your partner talking to each other. Really talking to each other so we can fix the patterns between the two of you. We do it in my office so you can take those new skills home.
We don’t just sit in the pool of problems and despair and pain. I’m going to get you out of that. And most couples have told me I do it faster than they ever experienced before.
“I like that you helped us see and hear what each other was saying. We always were nervous to come into a session, but always felt relief leaving. You, Lynda Spann, saved our marriage!” – J.A.
You’ll never leave the office in the middle of a conflict. You’ll always leave right side up, having made forward traction in your relationship.
“You’re our last hope” is something I hear often from new couples. No matter whether you’re struggling with infidelity, the slow burn-out of loss of connection, terrible communication, or constant conflict, I can help. I grow to love my clients as we work together.
I find the essence of you that is so lovely (no matter what you’ve done). And I genuinely care about you and your partnership.
Life can be profoundly rich when you’re in a good relationship. I want to help you have that. I want to help you feel secure and happy, like “I found my person!”
My hope is that we rediscover you already have that right in front of you.
Contact me today if:
- You’re experiencing the slow chill of disconnection
- You love your partner but aren’t “in love” with them anymore
- You want to save the relationship but your partner doesn’t (I especially love cases like this, because I’m great at getting your partner on board. Then we start to have some real fun.)
- You’ve tried other therapists and they haven’t worked (it can be exasperating to trust someone with your time, money, and relationship only to find that things don’t change. I can help.)
- You want your therapist to speak your language (I don’t speak in psychobabble or jargon, and empathy is one of my superpowers.)
- You don’t like how much you and your partner are yelling at or arguing with one another
- You want simple, elegant solutions that could save you a lot of heartaches
- You think it’s okay to pee in the ocean (I do, too!)
If you’ve got a thread of hope tugging at your heart, and you’re willing to be courageous enough to give your relationship one last shot, call me. Freedom and fun are just a phone call away. Call me now at (719) 544-2016.